This Page gives a detailed overview about the Move To Node.
Move To Node
The Move To Node is used to move the arm from its current configuration to a target configuration. As the name suggests, the Move To Node not only contains information about the desired configuration of the arm when it is done moving, but also information about how the arm will move to the specified location and orientation.
The pose, Frame and active endpoint are important when specifying a Move To Node.
Primitive - Cannot have children.
Note: While the Move To Node cannot have children within the behavior tree, other Move To poses can be set as the parent within the node inspector under the Endpoint section. If "update children" is selected (default) all associated Move To locations will also update.
Node Inspector: Before Pose is Set
Moves the arm to the pre-set arm pose (either live or in simulation). Cannot be used until a Arm Pose has been set.
- + ARM POSE
Set the arm pose to the current pose of the robot (either live or sim, depending what mode you're in).
Name of the node. Auto Generated and User Editable.
- timed move
Default off. Enables ability to specify a target duration for the MoveTo. Often used with Vision Picking
- number of retries
Number of times to retry moving to the set pose before returning an error.
- move type:
Choose Joint or Linear move.
- Joint: the robot control system plans a motion trajectory by interpolating all of the joint angles to get from Point A to Point B (for example) and completes those motions most efficiently as possible. With a 7 degree of freedom robot this is beneficial because a user does not have to control individual joints to achieve a task. Joint moves do not control the end of arm tooling trajectory in a straight line. Joint moves are best used for long trajectories.
- Linear: Use Linear instead of Joint to move the tool center point in a straight line. For example, when moving from an approach location to a pick location. However, do not use linear moves when they are not necessary. When moving linear, the robot will get as close as possible to the trained pose; the reached pose and the trained pose could be slightly different. The reached pose may be different coming from different poses. The arm will move faster and more smoothly in joint mode.
- round corner - Define how far from the endpoint to round the arm's motion path. Rounding corners will only occur in-between two consecutive linear moves, including at least one with a corner distance above 0.
- max corner length - Size of radius from center point of move pose trained.
- motion preset
Choose between Slow, Medium, Fast, Express, and Advanced. If Advance is chosen, the three parameters below can be adjusted independently.
- joint tolerance
Set the tolerance for the commanded joint positions for a particular move. The higher the joint tolerance, the less the commanded joint positions have to match the trained joint positions.
- speed ratio
on a scale of 0.1 - 1.0, the relative speed of the arms movement.
- joint acceleration
Choose slow, medium, fast or express. Sets an acceleration velocity for the arm movement.
Node Inspector: After Pose is Set
Moves the arm to the pre-set arm pose (either live or in simulation, depending what mode you're in).
- UPDATE ARM POSE
Update the arm pose to the current pose of the robot (either live or in simulation, depending what mode you're in).
- arm pose
Dropdown menu - choose an arm pose used by a different node. If you update the arm pose from the referenced node, it will automatically update.
Name of the arm pose. Auto Generated and User Editable.
- tool center point
Choose the appropriate tool center point for this node. Defaults to the current tool center point chosen in the behavior editor.
Manually enable arm poses to be shared among multiple Move To nodes.
- Used By
Lists other nodes where this arm pose is used.
Drop down menu - choose a parent for this node.
- update children
If marked green, will update all of the children with the chosen endpoint.
Manually enable endpoints to be shared among multiple Move To nodes.
- Used By
Lists other nodes where this Endpoint is used.
User editable - add comments about this node.
- After a shared endpoint has been updated by another Move-To node, when the task is running, the robot could move to the old position. Therefore, for better results use the shared armpose instead of the shared endpoint.