This page provides a detailed overview about the Fieldbus Devices.
The Industrial Fieldbus Protocols available on the Sawyer robot include:
Any advice provided to you relating to the integration of a Rethink Robotics product with any third party product into to your facility is provided “as is.” Because Rethink Robotics does not have access to the systems you are using, nor does Rethink Robotics have any control over how you may implement any integration with third party products, Rethink Robotics assumes no liability for this limited advice.
- Depending on which Fieldbus protocol is used, additional files for the master device may be required. Please review the following:
- The Fieldbus protocol should be enabled on the controller, which can be properly configured from the Field-Service-Menu (FSM) on the robot.
- The Fieldbus network cable must be connected to the inside port of the Controller, identified by the number 2 in the diagram.
- The Inside Port (2) may be used for Fieldbus Protocols, TCP/IP, Modbus, and Studio Access.
- The Outside Port (1) does not allow access to Industrial Fieldbus Networks but can be used for all other purposes.
Note: Both ports cannot be connected to the same network at the same time.
Enabling the Fieldbus Protocol
Note: A wired USB keyboard is required for this step.
1. With the robot powered off, attach a wired USB keyboard to a USB port located inside or outside the controller and power on the robot.
2. When Sawyer’s eyes first appear, continually press and release “F” on the keyboard until the FSM appears (this process may take up to 4 minutes). The robot's GUI has started when Sawyer's eyes appear on the screen.
3. Using a keyboard, navigate to CONFIGURATION and press ENTER.
4. In the CONFIGURATION menu, enable the inside port and select which industrial Fieldbus protocol to use.
5. then press the “config” button for the Inside Port to configure the network parameters
- Scroll to IP Address and enter the desired IP address/CIDR Suffix.
- IP Gateway: The IP address of the network device that connects different networks. The address must also align with the robot's IP address and the CIDR Suffix. If the robot is on an isolated local network, this is not relevant, but is still required.
Example: If the IP address is 10.10.10.10/24, then the IP Gateway must be 10.10.10.x.
6. Save the settings and reboot into Intera
7. In the Task Bar in Intera Studio, the Industrial Network Device is in the Device Editor panel.
8. Configure the Master Device (e.g. PLC) to look for the Sawyer Device
9. Install the relevant files (EDS/GSDML) on the Master Device
Note: These files can be directly downloaded from Intera.
10. Verify Sawyer is visible from the Industrial Device Master
11. In Intera, configure signals by selecting the appropriate Modules/Assemblies on the Device Editor
12. The Fieldbus is set up and the device configuration is complete. The robot should be able to communicate with the devices.