This page demonstrates an application of a test and inspection example related to quality assurance and provides detailed information of the task development.
- Application – Video
- Gripper Information
- Task Overview
- Key Task Elements
- Completed Task – Video
Application – Video
- Robot registers a Landmark to find the location of a water pump for assembly quality assurance.
- The robot will perform a number of vision inspections and a force pull test. Each time the test passes a green light will be displayed on the light stack. Red light for a failed test.
- Vision inspect a bolt for part presence.
- Vision inspect a label for part presence.
- Vision inspect to see if the pump switch is ON or OFF. If OFF- PASS, If ON- FAIL. If FAIL, the robot takes correction action to flip the switch to the OFF position.
- Perform a pull test on the spark plug cable to ensure that it is affixed properly. If the cable is tight, then PASS. If FAIL- signal a red light.
Type: Rethink Robotics Electric Parallel Gripper (EPG)
- Tool Center Point= 155 mm (Z)
- Weight= 550 grams
- COM= (X) 2.8 mm, (Y) -0.4 mm, (Z) 32.2 mm
Note: This task was created using Intera 5.1. Some differences may be seen if you are using newer versions of Intera.
Key Task Elements
Task Work Flow
Bolt and Label Inspection Sequence
Bolt Vision Node
Bolt Learn Object Panel
Label Vision Node
Label Learn Object Panel
Switch Inspection Sequence
Switch Vision Node
Switch Learn Object Panel
Spark Plug Cable Pull Test
Completed Task – Video